Neo++ SEV Shipset: SG-Goauld-Ra

Discuss shipset creation, share your creations. File hosting available upon request.

How do like this shipset?

The Greatest shipset since the fall of the Second Goa'uld Dynasty!
100%
Cool, but I detect an error...
No votes
I'm a member of the Tok'ra, so obviously I'm against it on principle.
No votes
Get a new hobby!
No votes

Total votes : 1

DXM

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post September 10th, 2017, 8:45 pm

Neo++ SEV Shipset: SG-Goauld-Ra

Crossover Mod shipset number three is ready for beta-testing!

Download (16mb)

This is the first variant of the Goa'uld shipset. Just in case anyone wanted to duplicate a war between them, I decided to do custom versions for each of the System Lords. Most of the set won't change, but some of it will... Ra's Cutter is 'gold' while all others will be gray. The Light Cruiser, Cruiser, Heavy Cruiser, Assault Cruiser, Battle Cruiser, Battleship, Dreadnought, Super Dreadnought, Colony Ship, Light Carrier, Carrier, Heavy Carrier, Resource Ship, Shipyard Large, Resource Station, Battle Station and Starbase all feature Ra's symbol. The other models didn't lend themselves to the inclusion of the symbol so easily. Unlike all other Goa'uld sets, Ra's Death Glider features the color scheme seen in Stargate the Movie. Ra's Super Dreadnought is the design that will be featured in most sets... Sokar & Apophis will have the 'Apophis Flagship' model, Anubis & Ba'al will have the 'Anubis Flagship' model.

This 'production model' set differs from the draft in a few ways... I included several Al'kesh & Cheops (pyramid) models, because the alternative was just having a bunch of Ha'tak models - which just doesn't look right for the smaller ships. I used either the original or sometimes lighter versions of textures, whereas I had gone for darker textures in much of the draft sets. Dunno if it's my displays or my eyes or what, but I seem to have greater difficulty seeing the darker models these days... Not that you'd notice, since this is the first release, but I fixed a major issue with my kit-bash of the Dreadnought. It had a big hole in it that I hadn't noticed before. And while I was at it, I altered it in such a way as to make it easier to apply the symbol to it more like the other Ha'taks. Also, owing to a lack of models, the Shipyard had to become the Large Shipyard, and the Resource Station had to become the Shipyard. I then used the asteroid mine from the EaW Stargate Mod as the Resource Station, which I had decided I didn't like when I did the draft. But, I re-textured it, and it looks much better now, IMO.

As before, I shrunk the big textures. But, the full size ones are available:
Hi-Res Textures (18mb)

Let me know what you think! :)

Starfleet Officer
Starfleet Officer

Post September 15th, 2017, 4:04 pm

Re: Neo++ SEV Shipset: SG-Goauld-Ra

that looks really nice :D

Imperial Stormtrooper
Imperial Stormtrooper

Post September 15th, 2017, 5:56 pm

Re: Neo++ SEV Shipset: SG-Goauld-Ra

Woooow, gonna check it out as soon as I get to my PC! Stargate is by far my favorite sci-fi universe

Return to Shipyards