Can we have a "fan projects" forum section?

General Sci-Fi Discussion.

Imperial Stormtrooper
Imperial Stormtrooper

Post March 12th, 2016, 3:18 pm

Can we have a "fan projects" forum section?

For projects created by community members :) Things like THANCS, FrEee, Vector Tactics, Event Horizon, that sort of thing... Each project would get its own subforum, just like SE4, SE5, and Starfury have their own sub forums.

BTW, what exactly is the scope of this site, anyway? "slash-addict" sounds like a very generic name... is this forum intended to be expanded to other topics besides SE? Sorry if this is too much to do or out of scope!

DXM

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post March 12th, 2016, 9:56 pm

Re: Can we have a "fan projects" forum section?

Ok, so you want separate forums for the 4 projects you mentioned? Not sub-forums in the style of SE.net? Like how Balance Mod has a sub-forum under the SEV Modding Discussion forum, under the SEV section? I ask because, depending on how many 'fan projects' get added, it could quickly balloon into rather long main page for the forum...especially if we add other sections/forums.

As far as scope, right now it's kind of 'all things scifi' (that I like). But considering that the only people posting here are SE community members, I don't see any reason not to expand the forums to cover anything those members are interested in.

I'm not overly familiar with the other projects you mentioned, but I'd think FrEee might belong with the other SE forums...?

Edit: I was going to wait for your input on where to place the FrEee forum...but, the more I think about it, if there's going to be a fan projects section then it belongs there. I'll give it first position, though. BTW, your site now says 'forbidden'. :?

Imperial Stormtrooper
Imperial Stormtrooper

Post June 27th, 2016, 7:47 am

You can't make a "category" or "section" of forums that isn't a forum itself? You have to make an actual forum with other forums inside it? I suppose we could have a general "fan projects" forum for projects not otherwise having their own forum...

DXM

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post July 15th, 2016, 7:36 pm

I can, and I did. There is now a Fan Projects category with individual forums for all 4 projects you mentioned. I was merely asking for confirmation on what you wanted and initially wondered if you thought FrEee should be separate from the other SE forums. When you didn't respond, I went ahead and put FrEee in the Fan Projcts section, but gave it the first spot. If you want additional forums or any changes to the existing ones, let me know.

Return to Spaceport