Neo++ SEV Shipset: ST-UFP-TNG

Discuss shipset creation, share your creations. File hosting available upon request.

How do like this shipset?

Awesome!
100%
Perfect, after you fix this error I found...
No votes
It's okay.
No votes
Get your filthy files off my hard drive!
No votes

Total votes : 3

DXM

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post June 9th, 2017, 8:05 am

Neo++ SEV Shipset: ST-UFP-TNG

The first shipset for use with the upcoming Crossover Mod is ready for beta testing!

Star Trek - United Federation of Planets - The Next Generation Era...
Download (21mb)

Okay, so I was going to have a "Federation Alliance" set which combined UFP, Klingon & Romulan instead of individual sets... And I probably still will have such a set. However, in order to keep things consistent, I decided I really needed to know what would be in the individual sets...and if I had to create mock-ups anyway, why not go ahead and make the sets!

This also represents a bit of a re-think of the "which ship goes in which slot" ideas in the first draft of my Neo+ sets... I realized that some of my "dreadnought slot" ships were designs around 2km long, while others were designs around 5km, that sort of thing... So, many of the "dreadnoughts" will now be "super dreadnoughts", while some "super dreadnoughts" will merge into the "base ship" category... And the Vorlon Planet Killer -by far the biggest of the base ships- will move up to join the Death Stars in the "battle moon" category.

This set features a much expanded _ShipSet.bmp, which has 63 slots. A single slot has not been used, and is reserved for the possible inclusion of an "infantry" unit. Meanwhile, the _Vehicle_Main_Texture.bmp has 64 slots - 4 times the number of the stock sets. I think I've figured out the coordinates system for it, but I'll need feed back on that.

The download also includes customized VehicleSizes.txt & VehicleUnitTypes.txt files, which are needed to use the Neo+ sets. The Vehicle Sizes data file is not the finished version! A fair bit of it is still stock, such as the Abilities & Requirements fields. What I need right now is for people to test this set out and figure what I may have done wrong on the technical side. Also, be advised, I do not know how to arrange "firing points" beyond random trial and error, which would take FOREVER. Therefore, I have merely set them to 0.0, and only tried to get the basic firing arcs right. If you know how to fix such things, please do so.

Unlike some upcoming sets, the UFP set has only one Troop model, one Battle Station model, one weapon turret model & one weapon platform model... But the format of the Neo+ system allows for unique pics for S/M/L drone, troop, mine, satellite, battle station, weapon turret & weapon platform, just in case. Also, this set tops out at "super dreadnought"...for sets, like this one, which lack Base Ships, Battle Moons & World Ships, the Starbase will be the stand-in. The actual Crossover Mod may have some system to prevent certain factions from building vehicles they don't have models for...

Let me know what you think! :D

DXM

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post June 9th, 2017, 8:39 am

Re: Neo++ SEV Shipset: ST-UFP-TNG

Grr... And no sooner do I post it, then I see I screwed up... :x

The "Aircraft" entry was missing from the Vehicle Unit Types data file, attached is the updated version:
Attachments
VehicleUnitTypes.7z
(1.2 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

Imperial Stormtrooper
Imperial Stormtrooper

Post June 9th, 2017, 1:06 pm

OMG these look SO awesome! :)
I'd definitely like to use at least the shipyard model in The People's Mod!

Also, in case you don't know about Reddit, there's maybe some more activity and you can post your shipset there: https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceempires/

Starfleet Officer
Starfleet Officer

Post June 18th, 2017, 11:49 am

looks great. :D

Return to Shipyards